- Summer Reading Program Registration has begun and ends Saturday, August 12th. This year, the theme is “All Together Now”. We will focus on diversity, kindness, and community. As always, the Summer Reading Program is for people of all ages! From Early Literacy through Adult programs, you will find something for everyone. All programs and presentations will be held at our temporary location: 301 16th Ave East (First United Methodist Church building).
- Youth Pen Pal Program Kick-off will be held Tuesday, June 20th at 2:00 p.m. Do you have a child between the ages of six to twelve? Interested in encouraging them to write? We are starting a Youth Pen Pal Program! We will work with another library to match up pen pals. Registration is required. Please contact the library at 406-883-8225 or drop by our temporary location to register.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Launch Party! Wednesday, June 21st from 10a.m.-2 p.m.: This program is for children ages 0 to 5, but all are welcome. Organizations from throughout Lake County will be present to host a fun filled launch party! There will be giveaways, activities, face painting and snacks! Join the PARTY at 301 16th Ave East (our temporary location in the First United Methodist Church).
- TAG (Teen Advisory Group) meeting: Monday, June 26th at 4:15 p.m. Are you in 6th -12th grade? Are you interested in having a voice within the Mission of the Library? Do you want to help plan teen programming and meet new friends? If so, then TAG may be just what you are looking for! Join us for this meeting and find out more. If you have any questions, please contact Felicia at 406-883-8225.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library: Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is dedicated to inspiring a love of reading by gifting books free of charge to children from birth to age five. The project was initiated in Montana by First Lady Susan Gianforte, and sponsored by the Treasure State Foundation in partnership with The Dollywood Foundation. With the help of the Friends of the North Lake County Public Library, the North Lake County Public Library District is the affiliate for all children in Lake County (except Arlee, which has its own program). You can also register your child anytime online at www.imaginationlibrary.com or stop in and see us and we will register your child so they may receive a new book each month, delivered right to their home.
- We Are Open! We are currently operating at 301 16th Ave East (First United Methodist Church). We will be open for our regular hours of service: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Church hours & services will continue as normal each Sunday.
- The Library will be closed Tuesday, July 4th for the Holiday. Our digital library is always open. You can download e-books, audio books, magazines or even stream movies with just your library card. Just go to our website at www.northlakecountylibrary.org then go to our digital resources to start browsing. All you need is your library card!
- Babysitting Online Certification! Babysitting 101 Class: 10 lesson topics, 17 assignments and takes 3-hours average to complete. Sign-up for FREE with your library card.Go to libbyapp.com, enter your location & card number to make an account. Click the library icon, scroll down to Extras. Select Universal Class to register. You have renewable 30-day access to Babysitting 101 and over 600 other courses! Ages 13-19: Bring your certification to the Library by August 31st, and we’ll give you a coffee card!
- Mondays mean Mother Goose! Join us at 9:15 a.m. Mother Goose is geared toward ages 0 to 3, but all are welcome. We encourage parents & caregivers to participate with their children for this early learning time.
Submitted by: Mallory Witham; Assistant Director North Lake County Public Library District, Polson MT 59860 (406) 883-8225